Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.
Wild Gorse Studio is the “data controller” of any personal data we may collect, process and hold about you and you can contact us using the information below for any further information.
Address: Wild Gorse Studio, 6 Mealmarket Close, Inverness IV1 1HS
1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline phone numbers, address, information you give us via the contact forms on our website, or by engaging with our social media platforms (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram).
In addition, we collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer, location and connection information. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
2. When and why do we collect your personal data?
When you connect with us via our website, our social media, or in direct communication via email or phone.
We gather this information to:
Provide our services to customers and operate our business;
To provide our users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our visitors and customers with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
3. How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us.
- To communicate with you regarding those products and services.
- Keep you informed about our work and events.
- Respond to your questions and comments about our work.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We never overtly share your personal data with anyone else. We use a selection of third party service providers to carry out certain tasks (i.e mailing lists, webhosting, online payment systems, etc) - these are listed below along with links to their respective Privacy Policies. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
5. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
• have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
• access personal data we hold about you;
• require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
• require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
• request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
• object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public. You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us.
6. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
7. Security and retention of your personal data
We protect your data by using encryption techniques and other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by our team.